Thursday, May 23, 2013

Saints Row 2

"No, you're not doing it right."
"I'm doing it wrong?"
"No, you've got to, no, just let me."
"Don't tell me I'm 'doing it wrong.' Let me figure it out. You wanted me to try this."
"OK, you're right. The left one moves and the right one makes you look."
"Why can't I see anything?"
"You're in a corner. You've got to move the right one around so you're looking out."
"This is hard; he just looks all over the place. I want to look through the doorway."
"This is like the easiest possible part. Move the stick that way. There, up, right. You can't just push it all the way to the edge all the time; it makes it move too fast."
"I can't make it through, he just gets stuck on the edge."
"Your thumb isn't pushing straight up, it's diagonal, just push it right a tiny, tiny bit and then push it forward."
"OK, now what."
"Well, there are no open doors or anything so you just have to go to the end of the hallway."
"I want to go in these cells."
"You can't, they're locked and there's nothing in them anyways."
"But how do you know? Can I find like a control panel and open them up? Or are--"
"No, you just can't, you're not supposed to care. This is a prison break. You're supposed to be in a hurry."
"Do they make ones where you can do stuff like that?"
"Yeah, but this one is more about action and being ridiculous and playing around in the city. You're supposed to have a lot of freedom."
"Then why can't I open--"
"Because this is just the beginning, you're supposed to already know all this and just blow through it. It's part of the language everybody has absorbed by now."
"OK. Now what."
"You've got to kill that guard."
"What! Why?"
"Because you're an escaping convict. Motivation isn't really important right now, this isn't even really the beginning of the story. You just have to get out of the prison."
"Why am I doing it if it's not important?"
"They just decided to start it this way; you have to get through it to get to the interesting parts. This is supposed to be fun."
"It's frustrating."
"Just walk up to him and pull the right trigger until he stops moving."
"I don't want to do this. Why does it have to be so violent."
"I don't know, that's just how they are. They don't have to be."
"Why would you think I would like this?"
"I don't know. I thought it would be fun."

No comments:

Post a Comment